Carrot Raisin Salad
This colorful traditional salad is one of my mother-in-law's favorites. It's fun to eat because of its crunchy texture, and the raisins give a slightly sweet flavor. Plus, it's easy to prepare. —Denise Baumert, Dalhart, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 to 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Place carrots and raisins in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine
- the mayonnaise, sugar and enough milk to achieve dressing
- consistency. Pour over carrot mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with skim milk and 1 cup raisins) equals 1 fruit, 1 vegetables, 1/2 fat; also, 110 calories, 80 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 24 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 2 gm fat.