Carrot Parsnip Stir-Fry
Orange carrot slivers and yellow parsnips make a pretty and different side dish. If parsnips aren't available, you could substitute rutabagas or turnips. Usually, I saute the vegetables until they are crisp-tender. But they're also good quite well-cooked, almost browned.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- In a large skillet, saute parsnips in butter for 3-4 minutes. Add
- carrots and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about
- 10-15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 171 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 2 g protein.