Carrot Ice Cream Pie
This refreshing dessert tastes a little bit like orange sherbet. I make several pies at a time and keep them on hand in the freezer. My guests are always surprised to learn they're eating carrots!Bethel Anderson, St. James, Minnesota
6-8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 21 squares)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2-1/4 cups chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in
- butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in.
- pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place lemonade concentrate, carrots and sugar in a food
- processor or blender; cover and process until carrots are finely
- chopped and mixture is blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in ice
- cream until well blended. Pour into crust. Cover and freeze for 8
- hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 355 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a