These cookies are both flavorful and colorful. The shredded carrots add nice bright flecks of orange color.
27 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min/batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Stir in
- carrots. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to
- carrot mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 128 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.