- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; roll out to 1/2-in.
- thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- doughnuts, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or
- until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, orange juice, carrot and
- vanilla; drizzle over warm doughnuts. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield:
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 doughnut equals 244 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.