Carrot Cake Cookies
These yummy cookies taste just like bite-size carrot cakes! Michelle Nichols from Joplin, Missouri fills her irresistible treats with grated carrots, raisins and chopped pecans.
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup each raisins and chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Stir in carrots,
- raisins and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are
- lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool for 2 minutes before
- removing to wire racks. Yield: 28 cookies.
Nutrition Facts: One cookie equals 95 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.