"These carrot patties were a big hit with my children when they were growing up," reports Phyllis Moody of King William, Virginia. Cornflakes provide the taste that kids find so appealing, while the low pricejust 18¢ a burgermakes them attractive to parents.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Hamburger buns, optional
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large skillet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, cornflakes, eggs, celery,
- onion, salt, sugar and pepper. Form into six patties. Heat oil in a
- skillet over medium heat; cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or
- until browned. Serve on buns if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.