Carolina Marinated Pork Tenderloin
You’ll need just three ingredients to make a melt-in-your mouth marinade friends and neighbors will rave about. —Sharisse Dunn, Rocky Point, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the molasses, mustard and
- vinegar; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8
- hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Drain and discard
- marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled
- tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot
- heat for 20-27 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°,
- turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork equals 160 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.