Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Get ready to rock the grill with this spicy and wonderfully
fragrant chicken. The zippy marinade includes hints of
cinnamon, cayenne and thyme. We like to think of this dish as “chicken with attitude.”
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 35 min.
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. In a
- large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients; add
- chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- chicken, covered, over medium heat for 35-45 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 180°, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 leg quarter equals 335 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as