- boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in
- red peppers. Top with the pineapple, mango and onions (do not stir).
- Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Remove beef mixture to a large bowl; keep warm. Transfer cooking
- juices to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until
- smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve beef mixture on lettuce; drizzle
- with gravy. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup beef mixture with 1/3 cup gravy equals 450 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,004 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.