Caraway Sour Cream Soup
A small bowl of this rich soup goes a long way. It's delicious served with crusty French bread.Kim Gilliland, Simi Valley, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onions, celery, carrots and caraway in
- butter until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in
- flour until well blended. Gradually stir in broth. Return to the
- heat; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat;
- simmer for 10 minutes. Combine sour cream and milk; add about 1 cup
- broth mixture. Return all to the pan; heat through (do not boil).
- Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.