Caraway Cheese Bread
We enjoy cheese in a variety of ways. In this savory bread, cheddar cheese blends beautifully with just the right amount of caraway.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, caraway, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, butter
- and mustard. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 375° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 192 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.