These lightly golden onions have a delicate taste that complements green, beans, peas and almost any type of meat. Try them over steaks, on burgers, with pork chops and more.
Rockwell, North Carolina
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil over medium heat until
- tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in vinegar and brown sugar. Cook for
- 10 minutes longer or until onions are golden. Yield: 4-6 servings
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 136 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.