Caramel Popcorn Balls
I've been a fan of popcorn since my mother used to grow corn in our garden. I've shared this special treat for years. Friends and family often request it during the holiday.Anne Welsh, Greenwood, Indiana
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 42 caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine popcorn and cereal in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat or in a microwave-safe dish, heat
- caramels and water until the caramels are melted. Stir in peanuts
- and salt; mix well. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- With buttered hands, shape into 3-in. balls. Reshape if necessary
- when partially cooled. Yield: 10 popcorn balls.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 350 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.