- For caramel, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and
- cream to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Pour half into a
- greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with half of the pecans.
- Punch dough down; shape into 40 balls (about 1-1/4-in. diameter). In
- a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Place melted butter in
- another bowl. Dip balls in butter, then roll in sugar mixture.
- Place 20 balls in the tube pan; top with remaining caramel and
- pecans. Top with remaining balls. Cover and let rise until doubled,
- about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. (Cover
- loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.) Cool for 10 minutes
- before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (20
Nutrition Facts: 2 pieces equals 334 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.