Caramel-Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cool, creamy, salty, sweet, crunchy and nutty...what's there not to like?
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 8 pretzel crisps
- 2 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, melted
- 8 teaspoons marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoons hot caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 4 teaspoons chopped pecans
- Dip pretzel crisps into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip
- off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Spread marshmallow creme over the bottom of each pretzel crisp.
- Spread 2 tablespoons ice cream over half of the pretzel crisps.
- Drizzle with ice cream topping and top with remaining pretzel
- crisps. Press pecans into sides. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for at
- least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 ice cream sandwich equals 155 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.