Caramel Pecan Delight
After one bite of this rich caramel-drizzles dessert, you'll move it to the top of your recipe file. A buttery crust of crushed pecan cookies complements the cheesecake-like filling. "It's a glorious treat," promises Judy Atwell of Aptos, California.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) pecan shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 375°
- for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup caramel topping until
- smooth. In a small bowl, whisk milk and dry pudding mix for 2
- minutes. Let set for 2 minutes or until soft set; fold into cream
- cheese mixture. Spread over the cooled crust. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until set. Cut into
- squares; drizzle with remaining caramel topping. Yield: 12-15
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 408 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.