Caramel Pear Pudding
This is a lovely winter dessert that uses pears that are seasonally available. It's easy to fix and a comforting treat after any meal. I enjoy snacking on it in front of the fireplace.Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon,
- salt and cloves. Stir in milk until smooth. Add pears and pecans.
- Spread evenly into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; stir in boiling
- water. Pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on low for 3-4
- hours or until pears are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if
- Yield: 10 servings.