Caramel Peanut Butter Dip
"When crisp autumn apples are available, I make this quick delicious dip," explains Sandra McKenzie, field editor from Braham, Minnesota.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 30 caramels
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely crushed peanuts, optional
- Sliced apples
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the caramels and water on high
- for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute more or until smooth. Add
- peanut butter and mix well; microwave for 30 seconds or until
- smooth. Stir peanuts if desired. Serve warm with apples. Yield: 1
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 216 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.