Caramel Nut Crunch
I discovered this crispy snack recipe on a box of cereal years ago. It's been a Christmas favorite with my friends and family ever since.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- In a saucepan, heat the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt over
- medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour
- hot syrup over cereal mixture; stir until well coated. Spread into
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 300° for 30
- minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on a wire
- rack until slightly firm. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 300 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.