Caramel Marshmallow Buttons
Kids of all ages dive into these sweet fluffy treats. The chewy marshmallow, gooey caramel and crisp coating set off an appetizing explosion of textures.
25-27 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min.
- 50 to 54 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 to 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- Place a toothpick in each marshmallow. Place on waxed paper-lined
- baking sheets. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the caramels, milk
- and butter. Cook and stir until caramels are melted and mixture is
- smooth. Dip marshmallows in caramel mixture; roll in cereal. Freeze
- until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving, discard
- toothpicks. Yield: 50-54 pieces.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.