My mom made these dressy, sweet cookies for cookie exchanges when I was a little girl, letting me sprinkle on the almonds and coconut. They're so easy to fix that sometimes I can't wait 'til Christmas to make a batch. —Dawn Burns, Lake St. Louis, Missouri
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil. Place graham
- crackers in pan; cover with marshmallows. In a saucepan over medium
- heat, cook and stir butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until the
- butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir
- in vanilla.
- Spoon over the marshmallows. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Bake
- at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until browned. Cool completely. Cut
- into 2-in. squares, then cut each square in half to form triangles.
- Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 pieces equals 110 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.