Caramel Chocolate Sauce
Chocolate lovers, rejoice! This quick fix from June Smith of Byron Center, Michigan takes ice cream toppings to new heights. Melted caramels give the rich fudge-like sauce extra appeal, making it hard to resist a second helping.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 30 caramels
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Ice cream
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, chocolate
- chips, milk and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2
- minutes; stir. Heat 30-60 seconds longer or until the caramels are
- almost melted; stir until smooth. Serve warm if desired over ice
- cream (sauce will thicken upon standing). Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1100 watt microwave. This recipe was tested with Hershey caramels.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 185 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.