Caramel-Chocolate Pecan Pie
This pleasing pie satisfies my family of chocoholics! It's quick and easy to prepare, yet special enough for company.
Betty Thompson, Zionsville, Indiana
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookie crumbs (5 cookies)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 20 caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in.
- pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, melt caramels with 1/4 cup cream over low heat; stir
- until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Spread evenly
- over crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set. In a small
- saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream. Drizzle over
- the caramel layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before
- serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 327 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.