Caramel Cashew Clusters
Several years ago, a co-worker came across candies like these in a store and asked if I could make them. After some trial and error, I came up with a winning recipe. Karen Daniels, Jefferson City, Missouri
24-30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + standing
- 2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper and butter the paper; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt 1 pound of candy coating; stir until smooth.
- Drop by scant tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans. Let stand until
- partially set, about 3 minutes. Top each with six or seven cashews.
- Let stand until completely set.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine caramels and cream. Cook and stir
- over low heat until melted; stir until smooth. Spoon over cashews.
- Reheat caramel over low heat if it thickens. Melt remaining candy
- coating; spoon over caramel. Let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 228 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.