Caramel Cashew Cake Pops
Nothing beats the pairing of buttery caramel and rich cashews; add it to a chocolaty cake pop and you have one irresistible little treat.
48 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup canned dulce de leche
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Chopped cashews
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add dulce de leche and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or
- until cake balls are firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip each cake ball in coating;
- allow excess to drip off. Coat with cashews. Insert cake pops into a
- styrofoam block to stand. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.