Caramel Cashew Brownies
I always have my eye out for a good recipe, like the one of these marvelous golden brownies. It's hard to eat just one! We own and operate and family homestead farm. Cooking, crafts, gardening and grandchildren fill my days.
25 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 18 caramels
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the caramels, butter and milk over
- low heat until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove
- from the heat; stir in sugar until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and vanilla; stir into caramel mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir
- into caramel mixture until blended. Fold in cashews.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 25 brownies.
Nutrition Facts: 1 brownie equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium,