Caramel Bread Pudding
Tammie Peebles writes from Naples, Florida, "My mom gave me the recipe for this easy-to-make pudding. It's a great way to use up day-old bread."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine water and brown
- sugar; pour over bread. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over
- bread. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.