Caramel Apple Dip
This four-ingredient caramel dip is so simple and yummy. People always want to know how long I slaved over the stove to prepare it and are amazed to find that I made it in the microwave. When large marshmallows aren’t on hand, I substitute 2 cups of mini marshmallows instead. –Becky Heiner, West Valley City, Utah
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Apple slices
- Place caramels in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on
- high for 1 minute. Add marshmallows; microwave for 1 minute or until
- marshmallows are melted, stirring occasionally. Whisk in butter and
- cream until combined. Serve with apple slices. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.