Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Tender, sweet pudding with delicious apple pieces, spices and a luscious low-fat caramel topping make a rich-tasting comfort dish without all the fat. Yum! —Michelle Borland, Peoria, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1/2 cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, milk, brown sugar, egg
- substitute, vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in bread cubes and apple; let
- stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped
- topping and caramel topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 187 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.