- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Flatten and place 1/4 teaspoon filling
- in center of each. Fold dough over filling and reshape into balls.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, cook caramels and evaporated milk
- until caramels are melted; stir until smooth. Insert a toothpick
- into each cookie and dip into caramel until completely coated; allow
- excess to drip off. Dip bottoms into nuts. Place on wire racks to
- set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.