The dark chocolate, mocha and cinnamon is a delectable combination. Smooth and rich, I could eat them all in one sitting...So, make a lot because they also make great gifts.
Newport Center, Vermont
18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the water, coffee and 1 teaspoon cinnamon;
- set aside. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Remove
- from the heat; whisk in chocolate and butter until smooth. Stir in
- coffee mixture. Press plastic wrap onto surface. Refrigerate for 1
- hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and remaining cinnamon. Shape
- chocolate into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Refrigerate for
- at least 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 43 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.