"I created this quick and easy shake for my mom, who's been diabetic for 30 years," reports Paula Pelis of Rocky Point, New York. "She was tickled pink!"
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 drops brandy extract or rum extract
- Dash ground cinnamon
- In a blender, combine milk, coffee granules, sweetener and extract.
- Blend until coffee is dissolved. Serve with a dash of cinnamon. For
- a hot drink, pour into a mug and heat in a microwave. Yield: 1
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 1 skim milk; also 100 calories, 128 mg sodium, 4 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 9 gm protein, trace fat.