I first had this coffee-flavored punch at my baby shower, and it's been my favorite ever since. It rivals any coffeehouse variety.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint coffee ice cream
- In a large kettle, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir
- in the sugar, coffee and chocolate syrup until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature. Transfer to four half-gallon containers.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, pour coffee mixture into a punch bowl. Add
- scoops of vanilla and coffee ice cream; stir until partially melted.
- Yield: about 2 gallons.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 222 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.