Cantonese Chicken Burgers
Ground chicken is perked up with onion, chopped peanuts and carrots for these delectable chicken burgers that can be served year-round. As Betty Carr attests from Huntsville, Ohio, “These sandwiches may take a little more work than the regular burger, but the taste is worth it.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 8 spinach leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, oil and soy sauce. Stir in the bread
- crumbs, peanuts, onion, carrot and garlic powder. Crumble chicken
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat
- for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on
- buns, topped with plum sauce and spinach. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 460 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.