"This sorbet was used as a refreshing summer dessert after a hearty meal. Everyone loved it as a palate-cleansing finale to a great dinner."
Gena Persons, Severn, MD
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate
- until chilled.
- Place the cantaloupe, lemon juice and sugar syrup in a food
- processor; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until blended.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze
- for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 1 quart.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.