My husband and I host parties frequently in our backyard, and this recipe is welcome on warm summer evenings.Debbie Smith, Tucson, Arizona
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cantaloupe
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/4 cup) equals 18 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.