Cantaloupe Salami Salad
Barbara Nowakowski from North Tonawanda, New York needs just six ingredients to toss together this unusual salad. She serves it in the cantaloupe shells for summer brunches. "It's delicious and very easy to make," she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed salami
- 1 medium cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram
- Cut each cantaloupe in half; discard seeds and remove melon. Cut
- melon into cubes; place in a large bowl. Cut a thin slice off the
- bottom of each cantaloupe half so the shell sits level; pat dry and
- set aside.
- Add salami and cucumber to melon cubes. In a jar with a tight-fitting
- lid, combine the lemon juice, honey and marjoram; shake well.
- Drizzle over cantaloupe mixture and toss to coat. Serve in
- cantaloupe shells. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 filled cantaloupe (prepared with turkey salami) equals 196 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fruit, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon