Cantaloupe-Orange Milk Shakes
Carol Mead of Los Alamos, New Mexico shares her frothy cantaloupe shake. Fun, refreshing and perfect for breakfast or brunch, they are as delicious as they are easy. “They're perfect for a hot summer day,” Carol remarks. “They're reminiscent of the creamsicles I remember as a child.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a blender, combine orange juice concentrate and cantaloupe; cover
- and process until smooth. Add the ice cream, milk and sugar; cover
- and process until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 304 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.