Cannellini Bean Salad
Here's a perfect side dish for a backyard picnic or barbecue. Celery and red pepper accent this bean salad that's dressed with a mild oil and vinegar dressing. Dorothy Majewski of Vienna, Virginia shares the recipe.
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the beans, celery, red onion, red pepper,
- parsley and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar,
- salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 145 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.