Candy Snack Mix
Chock-full of raisins, peanuts and M& M's, this crunchy salty-sweet mix stays fresh for weeks. I keep it on hand to serve to unexpected guests or to fill decorative containers to give as last-minute gifts.
- 1 package (24 ounces) roasted peanuts
- 1 package (18 ounces) Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups red and green milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine the peanuts, cereal and raisins. In a
- microwave, melt the butter, candy coating and peanut butter; stir
- until smooth. Pour over cream mixture and toss to coat.
- Place sugar in a large bag; add coated mixture. Close bag and shake
- to coat. Spread onto baking sheets; sprinkle with M&M's. When cool,
- store in airtight containers. Yield: 25 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 594 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.