Candy Cane Truffle Lollipops
Let these too-cute truffle "lollipops" double as a festive treat and table topper. Refreshing peppermint and smooth and creamy chocolate make the perfect pair.
24 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + standing
- 84 miniature candy canes, divided
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Remove hooks from 24 candy canes; set aside sticks. Crush hooks and
- remaining candy canes.
- Place 2 cups chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan,
- bring cream and 3/4 cup crushed candy canes to a boil; cook and stir
- until candy canes are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract.
- Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature,
- stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until firm.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 24 balls; insert a candy cane stick into
- each truffle. In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining
- chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow
- excess to drip off. Roll in remaining crushed candy canes. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 lollipop equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.