- 10-in. rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Spread filling down
- center of each rectangle. On each long side, cut 1-1/2-in.-wide
- strips about 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold
- alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal.
- Curve one end, forming a candy cane. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully
- remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners'
- sugar. Stir jam, then spoon over top of leaves, creating candy cane
- stripes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 206 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.