Candy Cane Blossom Cookies
We like to use different flavors of candy cane in the dough for fun variety. — Joan Cossette, Colbert, Washington
48 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 candy canes, finely crushed
- 48 milk chocolate kisses, candy cane kisses or miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties, unwrapped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder
- and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in crushed candy canes. Place 2 in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Immediately press a chocolate candy into center of each cookie.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.