Turn ordinary walnuts into a taste sensation with this simple recipe that’s prepared on the stovetop. With plenty of brown sugar and a hint of pepper, the crunchy candied nuts are a nice complement to a fruit and cheese tray. But they can stand on their own, as well, because they’re so munchable!
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large heavy skillet, combine the oil, vinegar and pepper. Cook
- and stir over medium heat until blended. Add walnuts and cook over
- medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until
- sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool. Store in an airtight
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 124 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.