Candied Pumpkin Spice Pecans
You’ll be tempted to take possession of the bowl and eat up all of these sweet and spicy nuts. Before you know it, they’ll be gone! —Julie Puderbaugh, Berwick, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
- In a large heavy skillet, melt butter. Add sugar; cook and stir over
- medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat; cook until
- mixture turns an amber color, about 2-3 minutes, stirring
- Stir in pie spice and vanilla; add pecans. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes
- longer or until pecans are toasted. Spread onto foil to cool. Yield:
- 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup equals 383 calories, 34 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.