Candied Popcorn Snack
"I got this family-favorite recipe in the 1950's," remarks Victoria Walzer of Lakeport, California. "It makes a big chewy batch that you can't stop eating until it's gone!"
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 quarts plain popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon water
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Place popcorn in a large roasting pan. In a large saucepan, combine
- remaining ingredients; cook and stir over low heat just until
- mixture comes to a boil. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat. Cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 185 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.