Tender sliced carrots are draped in a maple syrup and lemon juice glaze that makes this side dish a standout. "It's great to find a recipe like this one that my entire family enjoys, whether they are watching their calories or not," says Ruby Williams of Bogalusa, Louisiana.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie pancake syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots, Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, until most of
- the liquid has evaporated. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 66 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.