Candied-Almond Chocolate Strawberries
Try this unique serving suggestion. “Sprinkle the serving tray with crushed almonds. Lay strawberries on top, and garnish with mint leaves.”
—Laura McAllister, Morganton, North Carolina
60 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + standing
- 60 fresh strawberries (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups honey-roasted almonds
- 1 package (10 ounces) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely
- dry. Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process to desired
- fineness. Transfer to a shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; add cayenne and stir
- until smooth. Dip strawberries in melted chocolate; allow excess to
- drip off. Roll berries in almonds; place on waxed paper and let
- stand until set. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 dipped strawberry equals 52 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.