Canadian Bacon Pizza
Canadian bacon with pineapple and green pepper on French bread makes a quick and tasty pizza.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 16 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise. Place cut side
- up in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with
- butter. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread marinara sauce over bread. Top with Canadian bacon, pineapple,
- green pepper, onions and cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Cut each piece in half. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 440 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,343 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.